Thinking Inside the Box
I love box cards! They're pretty straightforward, yet there are lots of ways to tweak the measurements to fit the contents. I pawsitively wanted to put a cat inside, so I knew the box had to be wider than it is deep. This is not a detailed tutorial for a box card, but you can find the measurements below, and as always, the supply list is linked at the end of the post.
-Crumb Cake cardstock
11” (W) x 4-1/4” (H), scored at 3", 5-1/4", 8-1/4", and 10-1/2" along the long side; and at 2-1/2"from the bottom edge along the short side
TWO 4" (W) x 3/4" (H), scored at 1/2" from each end along the long side
scraps to fit sentiments
-Basic White cardstock
2-3/4" (W) x 4" (H)
scraps to fit cat image and conversation bubbles
1/2" (W) x 3" (H), then trimmed to fit
-Day at the Farm Designer Series Paper
TWO 2-3/4" (W) x 1-1/2" (H)
TWO 2" (W) x 1-1/2" (H)
Cut off the small tab in the upper right of the large Crumb Cake piece--it is not needed. The tab in the lower right becomes the glueing tab to connect to the other side, creating the base of the box. Cut along the score lines in the upper section to separate the flaps of the box. The two smaller strips of Crumb Cake cardstock form the support struts for the inside of the box and will be where you attach the decorations.
To make the box look a little more authentic, I used a blending brush to add Soft Suede ink around the edges. I cut out sentiments from the Sending Smiles stamp set and blended ink onto those too. I also added strips of masking tape to give the look of packing tape.
The hearts come from the Cheerful Basket stamp set. Instead of coloring in the hearts, I stamped 3 sets of them onto the Hues of Happiness Designer Series Paper. That is a quick way to add color to line images! And of course, we cannot fur-get our star here! The cat was fussy-cut out and glued onto one of the support struts of the box card. There's also a cat stamped on the back message panel. I stamped the sentiment onto a conversation bubbles but cut out a 2nd one and sandwiched a strip of Window Sheet in between them. This was added to one of the struts with a couple of mini glue dots.
Shoppable Supply List: